Saturday, May 18, 2019

SECOND LIFE

Hello everyone! Today I'll introduce you to a virtual world Second Life. As the name suggests, it is a platform where you can create a new life for yourself. (They have a Youtube channel that you can watch tutorials, bloopers, etc. if you are wondering) Here is a short video about Second Life for you to see what it offers:

As in the videos, you can create your avatar in a world that you can create and live there however you want. Let your creativity do the job for you and enjoy! 
Now let's come to our main point, how to harmonize this app with our education? We can make use of this app to create the best classroom environment with our students. Since students will have a saying in some creation, the affective filter -which is an invisible psychological filter that can either facilitate or hinder language production in a second language- will be lowered so that the learner has no obstacles while acquiring the target language. With Second Life, training, practice, reflection will be much more easier and fun for the learner. 
I have another video, this time it's about the use of Second Life in Istanbul University:
I have also downloaded Second Life and created my avatar, wandered around. If you wanna see, here I am:

I really hope that you download the app and use it. I'm sure you'll see some benefits!
bye for now 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pixton

Hey everyone! Today I'll talk about  Pixton .   It's a  " Free Comic, Storyboard & Graphic Novel Maker" They sugg...